International Seminar to Be held at KIBI
January 22, 2020
“An Overview of the Role of Buddhism and Buddhist Philosophy in the Realm of Growth and Development of International Culture”
to be held at KIBI (dhukhang) from 5th – 7th February 2020
Since its establishment & inauguration in 1990, KIBI has flourished greatly. Various courses in Buddhist philosophy, meditation, translation and the like have been conducted successfully, and a vast number of students have benefitted from those. All these wonderful developments & Dharma activities arose first and foremost through the personal efforts of the late 16th Gyalwa Karmapa, Rangjung Rigpe Dorje, and the Kunzig Shamar Rinpoche, who were the driving forces in establishing the institute; as well as the 17th Gyalwa Karmapa, Thaye Dorje, who is the life force of the present activities. Along with their blessings, the tireless, dedicated efforts of many people bore fruit, and KIBI progressively developed into the place of learning & practicing authentic Buddha Dharma that we know today.
Therefore, as 2020 marks its 30th anniversary, we would like to take the opportunity to acknowledge & appreciate the great determination of every single person who was part of this journey. Through organizing this international seminar, we intend to offer a platform for sharing knowledge and getting into exchange in order to foster wisdom & compassion.
Therefore, we warmly welcome everyone to attend this joyful occasion for engaging once again in living Buddha Dharma! Please join us:
To register, kindly complete this form: https://forms.gle/Lvczo6SiVgYRrhU67
All participants who attend the full three day program will be awarded a certificate of participation.
KIBI will provide full board to all participants.
We ask for your kind understanding that accommodation is not available in KIBI during these days. However, we are happy to assist you in finding a room!
1. Impact of Buddhist ideologies in the growth and development of international cultural notions worldwide
2. Identifying the importance of international culture in accelerating the growth of Buddhist ideologies
3. Encompassing the relevance of Buddhist tradition with reference to the contemporary international scenario
4. To identify & recognize the process of development of Buddhist tradition and sects in the context of the international study of the core ideas of Buddhism
5. Studying Buddhism & tracing relevance through a humanistic approach
6. A nationwide study of the teaching and learning practices of Tibetan Buddhism
7. Exemplifying the social & practical relevance of Buddhism in individual lives with reference to the following: Theravada tradition, Nyingma, Kagyu, Sakya and Geluk sect
8. The journey of the growth & development of Buddhist notions in different nations and through different phase.