The Karmapa International Buddhist Institute promotes basic Buddhist learning and ancient wisdom to both lay and ordained practitioners.
The Public Course is an excellent opportunity to deepen your practice and receive invaluable teachings from our venerable teachers.
The Academic Course provides a basic Buddhist education and a B.A. level in Buddhist studies.
How to enter
Join the community of KIBI students! The knowledge you’ll get here is priceless.
The Karmapa International Buddhist Institute (KIBI) is an educational organization that promotes ancient Buddhist wisdom to both lay and ordained practitioners. Founded by Shamar Rinpoche, and now under the guidance of the 17th Gyalwa Karmapa, Trinley Thaye Dorje, The Institute aims at furthering wisdom and compassion based on the Karma Kagyu tradition of Tibetan Buddhism. It is located in the prestigious Qatab Institutional Area in New Delhi, India. The institute offers a program ranging from an introductory level up to advanced academic training programs for research, preservation, translation, and the dissemination of the Buddhadharma and its related languages. For this purpose, KIBI offers certificate and diploma courses.
Certificate and diploma courses:
1. The Certificate Course runs for two academic years and acts as an entrance phase for the two year Diploma course (equivalent to BA Honours).
2. The new BA in Buddhist Studies program startss in 2014. The degree program will be offered in collaboration with Mewar University (MU), Rajasthan.
3. In the near future, KIBI envisions the implementation of a further course for M.A. and PhD programs, as well as Research and Translator Courses.
KIBI also provides optional language courses in Tibetan, Hindi and English.
We also offer teachings and short-term courses on Buddhism and meditation:
1. December-January: public meditation course.
2. March: Karmapa public teachings.
Teachings are provided in English or in translation from Tibetan to English.